Sunday, December 22, 2013

Project 365, Week 51

What a fun week!    Shaun was working at the house some and the kids had a snow day and we did lots of Christmas stuff.  I'm soaking in all the goodness of this season and my heart is bursting with thankfulness for all of God's goodness.  

Each morning this week I woke up in a warm bed with oxygen in my lungs and had enough to eat all day.  My household makes more than $35,000 a year, which puts me in the top 4 percent in the world.  So undeserving, so thankful.

December 15
Sweet boy and his blankie.

 December 16
Since September, Aiden and I have been working on letter sounds during school.  On a whim this day, I thought I'd show him what happens when we put those letters together.  He was reluctant to sit down and do this with me, because the snow outside was calling his name.  Aiden, trust me...you'll think this is really cool.  C-A-T.  I saw the lightbulb go on and it was such an amazing moment.  He wanted another and another.  Just like that, his world was forever changed.

I was thinking later that God does the same thing with us.  He teaches us letter sounds and things about our heart and makes us do things we don't understand.  Often its hard and frustrating and we can't discern why we are going through the trials and lessons.

And then God sits us down and says, Look...I have something really cool to show you!  If you put these experiences and lessons together, these letter sounds we've been working on, they make up a complete word, a story.  And with those words and stories, I am writing your life.  You just have to trust me.
 December 17
Snow day!!



 December 18
My favorite mighty warrior/super hero.
 Finding work to do.  :)


 December 19
Yummy snow!

 I had a lovely work Christmas party lunch with people I'm honored to be associated with.  My breath was taken away by the sunset on my ride home, offset by the white snow.

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
 Lessons & Carols at school, the kids Christmas gift to their parents.  Each class did a reading and a song and the evening ended with a full live manger scene.  No mention of Santa!  :)

 Aiden got himself dressed up special for his sisters' performance.  What a kid.
 Cousin Rocco slept over and they were so cute in their Spiderman jams.
 December 20
My niece Lainie was a Flower Fairy in the Nutcracker...she did perfect and the show was well done.

Someone asked me how many times I've seen the Nutcracker.  Its somewhere between 2 and 3 dozen, I think.

 Cutest fans ever!
 Grandma and Cousin Alayna came over to make Christmas cookies, sharing the secret family recipe. ;)
 December 21
All the cousins on Shaun's side.  We celebrated Christmas at Sarah's house and had SUCH a special evening.

1 comment:

  1. wow, where to start with this post....first, the analogy. Exactly what I needed to hear this morning. thank you. then, Aiden's outfit...I especially liked the two different flip flops (reminds me so much of one of my own at that age) and then the picture of the kids making cookies with Grandma...I so hope to be that Grandma one day!!! Looks like a beautiful and very blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.