Thursday, September 11, 2014

September's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Wednesday)!
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

9 AM
I went for a dental cleaning....how adorable is this??
 10 AM
My morning was a little backwards, which thankfully only happens about 5% of the time.  So important to get these runs in though.
 11 AM
Doing school, still dressed up from going to the office with Daddy.
 12 PM
There are pluses and minuses to working from home.  A plus is comfy (inexpensive) clothes and coffee or tea anytime, with my feet up.
 2 PM
I left a little early to pick up the girls so I could do some yard work at one of our properties.  Very soon I'll be shoveling snow there and these hedges are always such a pain, so I'm taking back the sidewalk.  Sadly, ten minutes in, the clippers broke into seven pieces right in my hand, so my project was post-pined.
 2:30 PM
A favorite time of day...school pickup.  Its about 50/50 how Amanda is going to be.  Half of the time she greets me with a huge smile and a big hug, the other half she walks over slowly, shoulders slumped, ready with her tale of woe.

But soon enough both girls are chattering, telling me about their days, all at the same time.  That lovely noise, along with a hand in mind, is pure bliss.

Other days they fight with each other and complain about the activities planned for the evening or about the fact that I didn't bring the car so they wouldn't have to walk all.the.way.home.  Not pure bliss.  :)
 When we got home Uncle Nathan and Aiden were back from their tree-taking-down escapade, reading a book together on the tire swing.
 4 PM
With homework done, it was time to head to the grocery store (I'm finding it difficult to keep healthy food in the house with an 18 year-old boy playing football living here).  Two minutes into the four minute car ride, Aiden had to go potty really bad.  So we parked at the end of the lot so he would have the cover of this big rock, which the kids ended up playing at for a while.

In the meantime, Pop and Kiki had called because they were driving through town and could they come grab the kids?  They probably saved me $20 at the grocery store by taking the kids.  :)
5 PM
They love Oliver's, a new place that opened up over the summer.  Ice cream, play scape, petting zoo, often live music...fun!
 6 PM
Shaun and the kids went to work on soccer skills.
 7 PM
UNO, snapped right before I headed to bed because I wasn't feeling well.


1 comment:

  1. Love your day! Man, I don't know if it's likely, but I hope we're still blogging when the girls are teenagers - and that they let you talk about them - because I'll bet there will be SOME stories :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.