Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

I've always found it hard to make a list of things I'm thankful for.  The list is so comprehensive that I often think it would be easier to make a list of things I'm not thankful for.
  • mosquitoes
  • ticks
  • child abuse
  • retail stores being open on holidays
  • blizzards
  • soda
  • television
But this year, it feels like there is an especially lot to be thankful for.

Because Thanksgiving is a choice.  An attitude.  A way of life.

Its choosing to see that God is at work.  Its choosing to find the blessings when things are going great and when circumstances cause life to be painful, confusing, lonely, hard.

My list could stretch on for miles, but I thought maybe I could just list a few of them....
  • I know the Creator of the universe personally, and He loves me
  • My husband, who is carrying out the "in sickness and in health" part of his vows with such strength and beauty and faithfulness
  • Family and Friends who love us and pray for us, and then love on us some more
  • My kids...they bring fulness to life.  Little people call me "momma"...wow!
  • Morning sunrises...along with new mercies each day
  • I'm an American and daily I live in freedom that so many have fought for
  • Advil.  It worked well to relieve the pain I had over the summer and each time I took two tablets I thought that most people around the world don't have access to something so simple to alleviate their physical pain
  • Physical pain.  Without it, we may not have found the cancer for some time
  • God's grace...it is enough
  • Even numbers, which this bullet makes ;)
Happy Thanksgiving!!


“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” ~G.K. Chesterton

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving !!! You are so right. Way too many blessings to even count. But you named some great ones. I give thanks unto the Lord for he his good his mercy endures forever. I pray for you each day. I pray you have a great day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Love these lists. So much to be grateful for. I'm praying for a sweet day of comfort and love and gratitude and continued healing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Great list...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the list of the things you aren't grateful are...I think mine would be almost exactly the same except for blizzards! I am thankful for YOU and the work God is doing in and through your healing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.