Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Sunday)!
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day! }
This was no ordinary day, it was Mother's Day and I felt so blessed and honored.

6:30 AM
Almost home, after Shaun drove almost 21 straight hours.
8:30 AM
A cleaned out, vacuumed out car, with a couple groceries to get us through the first hours. Admittedly, I'm a little freakish about unpacking from a trip immediately, getting those suitcases tucked back where they belong.
A special bouquet was waiting for me on my desk when I got home.
 9:00 AM
Amanda: Mom, since its Mother's Day, do you think I could drink coffee with you? Made how Daddy likes it? :)
10:00 AM
The "latest" game around here.
 11:00 AM
I released R to go spend time with his girlfriend who he had not seen in a whole week. Before he left, Shaun snapped a couple photos of me with the crew I've been blessed with.

When his girlfriend's family came to pick him up, she brought me these. So sweet. I hope when the time comes I can be a good MIL.
12:00 PM
After being gone for a week, I wanted to go out exploring to see what had bloomed around town.
3:00 PM
These wonderfully selfless kids thought that a stop at DQ would speak great love to me on Mother's Day. :)

4:00 PM
We went to a place where we could do a little hiking and the kids could play in the water (and I could take pictures). It was such an incredible day to be outside!
5:00 PM
When we got home, we watched my niece Madison dance in a Jamie Grace music video that they'd filmed in Atlanta earlier in the week (look for the most talented, most beautiful one ;). She's amazing...can't wait to see what God has for her!!
6:00 PM
My boys broke out the grill for the first time of the season and we ate dinner on the porch before a very early bedtime for all.



4 comments:

  1. Ooh love that phlox! Next year I shall have some!

    You would laugh at our house - our suitcase from our trip in March is still in the middle of the floor. We're using it again in 2 weeks - seemed like too much trouble to put away :) (actually, I'm not physically able to put it away - the shelf is way above my reach - & I decided not to nag during the roughest part of the semester)

    Love that video! Your niece is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to watch Maddy's video on your tv!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things- total Kindred Spirits on the, "unpack-those-suitcases-as-fast-as-humanly-possible" and flowers from the GF?! Love that!! Looked like a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.