Monday, June 8, 2015

Doing Battle, Week 37

I'm feeling so good physically. I'm active and doing the things I want to be doing and feel more normal than I have in a year. That means the battle that's happening is all in my mind right now.

There's a recording that plays in my head pretty much all of the time. Even when I'm not in pain, or anxious or afraid, or consciously thinking about cancer, still that soundtrack plays. Towards the end of last week it got louder and it was hard to hear Truth over it.

But early this morning, as I pumped my legs and arms on the elliptical, I gave my problems to Him, again. I don't know when I picked them back up, but I DO know I don't need to carry such a heavy load. I actually can't carry it alone.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.
And He kept Him promise. My heart and mind were quieted and peace spoke over the loud soundtrack. And I was reminded that it really is as easy and as hard as just handing it over to God. 
I can't do this in my own strength...I know I am never more powerful than when I come to Christ, in the name of Christ and say I need your help! This is a slow-learning concept for me because I want to be strong on my own. My pridefulness tries to insist I can control things and thinks that if God would take my suggestion of how things should turn out, we'd all be able to live happily ever after.

But thankfully this doesn't all rest on my shoulders....its so much better left in His hands. God has promised and I am convinced that He will do what is right and He will do it in the right time and in the right way. That's a pretty good situation to be in.

I'm being remembered and prayed for in Ohio!



How about some more Priscilla? I'm currently reading one of her books and she's on my Instagram feed. So good!


Today, make a choice to believe God. Filter your decisions, attitudes and actions through the prism of trust. He is who He says He is and His promises are true. So, act like your God is telling the truth. How would our reality look different today if we did?


I covet each one of your prayers as we head back to Sloan Kettering later this week. Thank you for your faithfulness in remembering us. We appreciate you!


2 comments:

  1. I pray for you every day, but it IS nice to see your name on my door in the mornings when I go to work :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.