- child abuse
- retail stores being open on holidays
But this year, it feels like there is an especially lot to be thankful for.
Because Thanksgiving is a choice. An attitude. A way of life.
Its choosing to see that God is at work. Its choosing to find the blessings when things are going great and when circumstances cause life to be painful, confusing, lonely, hard.
My list could stretch on for miles, but I thought maybe I could just list a few of them....
- I know the Creator of the universe personally, and He loves me
- My husband, who is carrying out the "in sickness and in health" part of his vows with such strength and beauty and faithfulness
- Family and Friends who love us and pray for us, and then love on us some more
- My kids...they bring fulness to life. Little people call me "momma"...wow!
- Morning sunrises...along with new mercies each day
- I'm an American and daily I live in freedom that so many have fought for
- Advil. It worked well to relieve the pain I had over the summer and each time I took two tablets I thought that most people around the world don't have access to something so simple to alleviate their physical pain
- Physical pain. Without it, we may not have found the cancer for some time
- God's grace...it is enough
- Even numbers, which this bullet makes ;)
“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” ~G.K. Chesterton