Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month!
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}


5 AM
One of my first sights when I walk downstairs each morning...still needs a "little something" but the lights are so pretty.
 7:30 AM
Last bite before dumping it in the sink.
 8 AM
SO excited for the snow!!
 8:30 AM
When I returned from dropping off the girls, Aiden had located his snowpants and was getting ready to go.  I had to break it to him that traditionally clothes go first.  :)
 9 AM
By now, we'd been over to the old house to retrieve the sled and snow shovels and Aiden was ready to go!
 I stayed out for a bit, but my sneakered feet were freezing.
10 AM
Aiden went up and down that hill for an entire hour and finally came in quite wet on the outside, but warm and dry on the inside.  He was looking for some hot chocolate.  :)
 1 PM
The school kids were all out early and raring to go!  (I was so happy we got the school day in!)
 2 PM
Snow and syrup snack.
 3 PM
R came in to show me his ice sculpture.  He called it a deer, but depending on the angle, I thought it looked more like a heffalump.
 4 PM
While Aiden snoozed, I let the kids watch Grinch.
 5 PM
Pop and Kiki brought over a desk that they'd had and wanted to give to Avery.  My dad and R carried it up to the third floor and the girls got to work on moving into it.  Their evening was booked solid.  :)
 6 PM
The boys went down to the basement to workout.
 8 PM
Aiden and I read a couple bedtime Christmas stories, including "The Little Born Jesus".

We sang Silent Night together in his darkened room, illuminated only by his motorcycle nightlight.  Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. That sounded like a perfect winter's day! I'm sure you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this day. So peaceful and cozy! Admit it: snow IS good for something! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.